PAY NO STATE TAX WHEN YOU BUY AN OILBUD
OilBud Coolers: The Best for Your Hog
Built To Work and Built To Last
OilBud™ oil cooler for Harley Davidson is built to work and built to last. The cooler adaptors and elements are made from 6061 T6 aluminum. Channels within the cooling element separate oil so that it can dissipate heat through thousands of fins machined on the outer surface. This makes a huge cooling surface (the reason it works in STOP AND GO TRAFFIC without fan assistance!) All cooler fittings are JIC/ORB aircraft style fittings (chromed where visible). O-rings are used instead of leak prone gaskets. OilBud is thermostatically regulated and opens at 170° (fully open at 180°). Keeping oil temps at least 35 degrees cooler between the hot and cold side of the system, makes it the leading Harley cooling system on the market.
By design, being placed up and in between the frame rails, OilBud is virtually undetectable. The wall thickness of the element is 3/32” and the divided channels distribute impact efficiently. There are no concerns with placement because of its amazing durability! -Bud Clarke, designer of OilBud, is so confident in his product that he shot it with a shotgun (both barrels), then pressure tested the element up to a successful 150psi. He even took a sledgehammer to a sample of the element to show the flow would remain unrestricted after sustaining an impact.
Custom fit for Harley
Custom Fit For Your Bike, OilBud™ Oil Coolers for Harley Davidson works on the following models:
- 1999-2005 Dyna 5 and 2006-2017 Dyna 6: Street Bob, Low Rider, Wide Glide, Fat Bob, Switchback
- 2000-2018 Softail: Fat Boy, Fat Boy Lo, Softail Deluxe, Softail Slim, Heritage Softail Classic, Breakout, Nightrain
- 1999-2018 Touring: Road King, Street Glide, Street Glide Special, Road Glide, Road Glide Special, Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low, Ultra Limited, Ultra Limited Low, Trike: Freewheeler, Tri-Glide
- 2014-2018 Project Rushmore: Road King Classic, Street Glide, Electra Guide Ultra Classic, Ultra Limited, Tri-Glide Ultra, CVO Road King, CVO Limited.
- CVO: CVO Road King, CVO Breakout, CVO Softail Deluxe, CVO Limited
No More Sacrificing
OilBud™ is the best Harley oil cooler on the market. The quality in design and effectiveness in keeping oil temperatures low are unsurpassed. Riders don’t have to choose between sacrificing their bike’s look for the sake of oil cooling anymore. An OilBud™ Harley Davidson oil cooler installation allows them to enjoy both.
Construction and Durability
1. Quality steel fittings that offer superior leak protection with ORB and JIC. Chromed where visible.
2. Though resembling a stock-like appearance, the crimped brass ends are chromed where visible.
3. Hand built in shop, each kit comes with built to length, braided stainless Teflon, high durability hoses.
4. Specifically built for 1999-Present Harley Davidsons:
• Touring/Bagger (includes Tri Glide, Freewheeler)
• Modified for Baker Oil Pan, Centerstand, True-Track.)
• Sotftail (non abs) and Softail (abs)
5. Strong welds insure structural integrity.
6. The adapter plate is CNC milled out of 6061T6 aircraft aluminum. By design it resembles the fin edges on the engine cylinders.
7. Thermostat covers are Machined, Polished, or Black Powder coated to match the three adapter finishes.
OilBud Adaptor: Exploded View and Internals
8. Adaptor plate halves are CNC milled out of 6061T6 aircraft aluminum.
9. Threaded and hollow attach nut mounts the oil filter to the adapter.
10. Quality steel fittings that offer superior leak protection with ORB and JIC. Chromed where visible.
1999-2008 Touring/Bagger Model Shown
Cut-away: OilBud Cooling Element
11. O-Rings are used instead of gaskets to assure the highest leak protection.
12. All adaptor bolts are Allen head and come with off-set locking washers.
13. Thermostat and Cover Description:
• Cover- Machined, Polished or Black Powder Coated.
• Thermostat-Regulated; Opens at about 180° F and is fully open at 200°F.
• Spring-Returns thermostat to original position when cooled.
• O-Ring-Superior leak protection.
14. Threaded and hollow attach nut mounts the inter-cooler half to the oil filter attach point.
Three Adapter Finishes Available!
The “Standard” Model – this adapter plate is right out of the CNC mill. It has the same finish as the fin edges on your engine cylinders. It is carved out of 6061T6 aircraft aluminum. Even though the OilBud™ oil cooler is a hidden design, this is a modest adapter and will fit nicely along with your Harley’s appearance.
The “Showman”- This clean, almost “chromed”, look of our adapter plate has a mirror-like finish. The polished 6061T6 aluminum will shine with the rest of your chrome trim. This OilBud™ adapter plate is a favorite with the show bike look.
Black Powder Coat
The “Upgrade” – This is our most popular look for your Harley! There is just something about the finish & the final look installed on your bike. A quality set up, it gives the innovation a ‘stealth like’ appearance. Not only does the powder coating look great, it complements the classic value of your motorcycle.